Now Enrolling for the 2022-2023 School Year!
There are many ways to contact us to apply for Capital Area Head Start:
- Call 717-541-1795
- Use the online application, available in English and Spanish
- Complete the online form to have one of our enrollment specialists contact you within 2 business days
- Make a referral (referring agencies)
Is My Family Eligible?
To be eligible for Capital Area Head Start or Early Head Start, you must:
- Be pregnant or have a child age 0-5 who is not yet eligible for kindergarten in the school district where you live
- Meet income guidelines for Head Start or Pre-K Counts (There is limited availability for families whose income falls between 100-300% of the federal poverty guidelines.)
- Must be a resident of Dauphin, Perry, or eastern Cumberland Counties, or Carlisle, PA
You will need to provide proof of age, family income, and residency at the time of enrollment, as well as up-to-date physical and dental exams, immunization records, and proof of insurance. You must provide up-to-date immunizations for your enrolled child within the first 60 days.